the oldest and most trusted online guide to Mexico
  Home | About Us | Classifieds | Get Help | Mailing List | Message Board | Site Map
 Content Guide
  City Guides
  Feature Stories
  Food & Drink
  General Info
  Real Estate
  What's New

  Contact Us

 Mexico Visa and U.S. Passport Requirements

Passport Information for 2011

The U.S. State Department has issued in the last several years new requirements for travel into and back from Mexico. Note that the following update pertains to rules set by U.S. law, as entry into Mexico is governed by their own rules, please see below.

In summary, beginning January 23, 2007, passports were required for all AIRLINE travel to and from Mexico.

Beginning June 1st 2009, if you are crossing back into the U.S. by land or sea, from Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, you need either a passport or the new high-tech travel card. Please check the official State Department memo for up to date verification, at

Mexican Tourist Visa
This applies to people who wish to visit Mexico past the Border Zone, or for more than 72 hours in the Border Zone.
Visa / FM3 For Temporary Resident
For those wishing to live in Mexico.
Visa / FM3 For General Business
This applies to purchasing agents, importers and exporters who will attend board or directors' meetings of Mexican companies, conduct business that requires notarial certification or institute any legal proceedings in court.
Visa / FM3 For Technicians & Engineers
For technicians or engineers who intend to repair or install machinery, or train personnel, or take tools or machinery to Mexico.
Student Visa Requirements
This applies to foreign students who plan to study in Mexico.
Mexican Consulates in the U.S. and Canada
Mexican Customs Regulations: Entering Mexico
Mexican Embassies & Chambers of Commerce

 Home » General Information visas regulations and passports the oldest and most trusted online guide to Mexico